Rolling Riser For A Mill

Philzy

Registered
Registered
Is anyone aware of a company that makes a sturdy rolling riser platform for heavy tools. My 932M is due to be delivered in the next four weeks or so and I’d like to lift it 4 or 5 inches and be able to roll it around if the need arises.

I’ve been looking at this: https://boratool.com/bora-pm-3550-super-duty-all-swivel-mobile-base

It’s rated for 2000lbs. I’m sure it would carry the weight but I was wondering if it would be solid enough. Anyone with any experience?

I’ve seen pictures of some of the homemade risers and they look great. It’s just that I don’t trust my welding skills.

The bolted together units are made that way for ease of adjustability, packaging and shipping. Strength and stiffness are compromised. Good enough for light equipment but . . .

For $250 you can do a lot better, even if you have a professional welder finish it. Can you design it? Can you cut and fit the parts?

Use the casters you want, at the height you want, with the fit and finish you want. . . . Priceless YMMV

It may be a good time to learn how to weld. It's mostly just practice. A good dc machine and 7818 rod even makes my welding look half decent . What is the difference between a farmer and a welder? The welder knows he can't farm.

Use this brand, directly under or, make a wider frame.

Last edited:
1 set of 1800s I have raise my Doall saw 5.5", the other set on the mill~500lbs rating is at 3"

I’ll have to figure something out soon. Shipping email came yesterday.

Back