[4]

Rotary Table Crane

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Shootymacshootface

Registered
It turns out that when you put a 10" chuck on a 10" rotary table it gets rediculessly heavy.

The arm is from a commercial treadmill handrail and it pivots on a trailer axle and hub assembly. There is no adjustments on the chain. The length is so that it will swing to the bench and with a slight manual lift it will perch itself there. To put it on the mill just swing over the table and lift the knee, simple.

Attachments

GL

Registered
That is officially the coolest thing I have ever seen for what to with that hole in the end of the over arm. I do the lifting with an engine hoist, because the rotary table or vice gets stored on furniture dollies under a shelf. Getting the hoist to straddle the base of the mill can be a pain. Maybe your arm and a chain hoist...hmmm. Nice job.

tweinke

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Good Job, a good example of working smarter not harder.

Shootymacshootface

Registered
Thanks, I'm pretty sure that I will never use it for a slotting attatchment. It's a 3000lb mill, but I will tram it before I use it anyway.

John

[X]Outlaw

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Great idea! I also use an engine hoist, which is not the most graceful of things.

Suzuki4evr

Registered
That is officially the coolest thing I have ever seen for what to with that hole in the end of the over arm. I do the lifting with an engine hoist, because the rotary table or vice gets stored on furniture dollies under a shelf. Getting the hoist to straddle the base of the mill can be a pain. Maybe your arm and a chain hoist...hmmm. Nice job.
I second that. Never see the hole been used before.

Suzuki4evr

Registered
N
It turns out that when you put a 10" chuck on a 10" rotary table it gets rediculessly heavy.

The arm is from a commercial treadmill handrail and it pivots on a trailer axle and hub assembly. There is no adjustments on the chain. The length is so that it will swing to the bench and with a slight manual lift it will perch itself there. To put it on the mill just swing over the table and lift the knee, simple.
Good thinking and nice job.

Shootymacshootface

Registered
Thanks, I think that sharing ideas like this helps to make us all the better!

Silverbullet

Gold
Registered
I've built a rolling shelving unit and have a an actuator with 375lb push and pull . On this ill had a jib about two ft long with a hook and chain or sling as needed . I can lift and swivel to and from any machine . The base is wide enough and the weight will not let it tilt or lean . The heaviest ill lift will be under 150 lbs so I'm safe all around . If I didn't have the actuator I'd use a winch with web belt on the jib and pulley on end. My mag drill gives me a hard workout but with this it'll be a piece of cake.

Shootymacshootface

Registered
I was considering a cart of the right height, but I don't have room for one more thing in my workspace.

johnnyc14

Active User
Registered
Great idea! only have an 8"1 rotary table but with the chuck it weighs 175 pounds. It's time I did something to preserve my back and yours is the best idea I've seen yet. Nicely done.

[6]
[5] [7]