Rotary Table Pallet Layout?

I grided the holes on my RT. I think it makes it easier to align the RT to axis of machine you now have a straight grid to work off of.

I reamed my RT centerhole and my 3/4" steel axillary plate for a dowel pin. The pin is long enough to go thru both and extend into a collet on the mill so everything is centered. I use the field of 3/8 x 16 holes to rig up what ever fixturing I need for the job at hand.
DSC_0139.JPG

I made a rotary table centering devise that gets me real close. Now I'm thinking I could do like epanzella, and line up the center of the RT and the pallet so I can then tighten the 2 t slot nuts for the RT and the 4 T nuts on the pallet. I can then check with a coaxial test indicator.
I like simple and quick.

I too like the center pin idea for alignment purposes! I bought an 8" square to make a mini pallet that could also be used on my 6" rotary table. Round is more expensive....

I'm still in the planning stages. 1 thing I noticed is not so much that 1" centers on a grid is common; but how those 1" centers start at 1" from the edge! Looking for feedback on this pattern. It is a combination of the 1" grid starting a 1/2" from the edges & 2", 4", & 6" circles with holes spaced at 30deg.

GRID 05.jpg

Back