Rotary Table Question

Happycamper

Active User
Registered
I have a 6" horizontal rotary table and have lost the instruction sheet. Got it from Enco several years ago and I can't remember if it could be mounted on an angle plate vertically. Anyone ever do that with their horizontal table?

I can't think of any reason you couldn't mount it on an angle plate.

I was thinking there was something about the oil filled thing. I guess I can try it. I should have gotten the horizontal/vertical one but as I recall, this one was on sale.

A horizontal-only rotab might not have oil seals in all the right places. But at worst, even if most of the oil leaks out, you can very likely use it for a project or two with the oil that remains behind on the internals, then refill it.

If its a phase 2 horizontal like this it will leak or pour the oil out. I have one and tried to mount to a angle plate and had oil on me and the mill. .

Tomh

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have one yet, but Im in for a horizontal/vertical model. But maybe Happy camper could add oil seals to his unit? Or Seal it with other means.

I did that at work for equipments that were not meant to be installed in a particular position and it worked pretty well. It was job for our shop not for a customer and it worked out good.

But at worst, even if most of the oil leaks out, you can very likely use it for a project or two with the oil that remains behind on the internals, then refill it.
Draining it for the time of the project at end might work as well. There can be good pressure applied on internal components so maybe just for light jobs to prevent wear.

edit* Why not test for leak right away? flip it vertically in a pan of some sort and see what happens!

Back