Rotary table questions

With the location of the slots on the mill the crank bumped into the table and caused issues, it did work the tilt nicely though. I still have the parts.

Edit - sometimes the closeness of the tee slot nut slots and the clamp the angle nuts is quite tight, only annoying thing about it for me

I made some small clamps for it also as everything I had was to big.

Common issue I bump into , is that Tee slot the same size as anything else I have ? yeaahhhh naaaaa :laughing:

Stu
I wanted one with the handle but I had a project I needed it for so I settled for this one. I have found that I move it close to what I need snug the bolts and tap it with my orange dead till it is where I need it then tighten. Surprisingly the one I have is fit together so nicely that when I tighten it I rarely see it pull off any.

I like that, are those rechargeable? or is it just a good storage solution?
It is just for storage. But it keeps me from looking everywhere for that 1 battery I need at the time. You know what I mean it's called Musical Drawers in tool cabinets. I seem to have this brain that plays hide and seek on me. I can be looking right at what I am searching for, and it only appears after I quit looking for it -usually the next day or next week. I've tried to get Snuggles to help me find things, but she is always too busy chewing on things she keeps dragging into my shop.

I've been considering using a 1/4" U joint from a 1/4" drive set, on the end of a crank handle to get out past the table edge. Another someday project.
I like the idea. I am always interested in creative ideas. Thanks for sharing that idea.

I've got a cheap Chinese 7x10" Angle plate. It took a bit of work to get all the surfaces parallel. The tilt gears work nicely. The scale is hit or miss. doesn't matter, I use a Shars magnetic electronic angle scale that works great. I haven't had it very long but has worked well when needed. I did put the locator blocks on the bottom so there is no time spent aligning it with the mill table. I'm glad I got the larger one because the clamps take up a fare amount of space.

I've just realised that I have the 7x5 version. :oops2:

Stu

Back