Round Fixture plate for a mini mill?

Whats the right name for this clamp. I can't find them for sale anywhere.
Toe clamp.
Edit: I would make them myself, to the correct dimensions I need for the job, and for my extended tooling needs.

Toe clamp.
Edit: I would make them myself, to the correct dimensions I need for the job, and for my extended tooling needs.

But I would like to buy like whats in the picture... Not just the toe...

I've not seen those for sale anywhere. They are usually made by the end user.

Looked at all 2,906 Results . Some very interesting things but nothing like the one above..

Like Mikey said, most machinists make their own fixture plates. You can also just use a plain plate and add new holes and other features as needed for each new job. In some ways that makes more sense, and gets you going right away. It remains a mostly blank canvas for a long time. You are also a lot less likely to find an existing hole in the way of where you want to place a new one for the present job.

Wow... You did not need to get up to do that... But thanks....

Some good ideas here! I am partway into making a fixture plate myself (also for a mini mill). Both sides of the plate were flattened using a fly cutter, edges cleaned up and 4 c-bored holes on the sides to bolt it to the table. I have a specific project in mind for this (making some rails for a table saw sled) so at this point I will d/t just enough holes to mount the low profile clamps I will use (also home-made) to hold the stock in place.

What do folks think of this design: Fignoggle fixture plate? That was my starting point but I'm not up to making all those holes right now...

Some good ideas here! I am partway into making a fixture plate myself (also for a mini mill). Both sides of the plate were flattened using a fly cutter, edges cleaned up and 4 c-bored holes on the sides to bolt it to the table. I have a specific project in mind for this (making some rails for a table saw sled) so at this point I will d/t just enough holes to mount the low profile clamps I will use (also home-made) to hold the stock in place.

What do folks think of this design: Fignoggle fixture plate? That was my starting point but I'm not up to making all those holes right now...
Looks good! Make the additional holes as needed. Fixture plates can be considered a sacrificial intermediate mounting block, better to drill random holes and add other features into as needed for the job at hand. Better than drilling and tapping holes in the mill (or other machine) table...

Back