RPC question

BWS Arms

Registered
Registered
This is my first RPC. Am I right in that the 220 from my panel goes in to the top where it says line and my plug for the lathe goes on the bottom terminals where the white/blue, red and black wires are?

Attachments

• IMG_0266[1423].jpg
    IMG_0266[1423].jpg
    60 KB · Views: 40
Yes it appears to be the case. Line is the input side. The line is only 2 hot legs from your mains, do not use the neutral. So only connect power to the terminals above the red and black, on the right. The white wires with the blue marker are probably the ghost leg so yes, the lower 3 terminals are your 3 phase out. However, without more info I cannot be 100% sure. Do you have a schematic or wiring digram?

I don’t have a schematic. I’m sure you are right, I just wanted confirmation.

what should I do about the ground when I wire my 3ph plug? Do I need to connect a ground to the same ground inside the disconnect and run it to my plug? Or, do I just use the three wires?

You really should run a 4th wire (or use 4 conductor) from RPC to machines
for the ground
The RPC motor should be grounded, the RPC case, and the machines themselves

The ground for the RPC motor and case are connected together in the bottom left corner of the picture I posted. Can I connect the ground for the machine to the same place?

I ran my RPC for the first time just now and it tripped the 60 amp breaker in the panel. I have it feed with about 75 feet of 6 gauge wire. The motor was spinning slow and never came up to speed. I am attaching some pictures of the wiring diagram the builder sent me and the way I have it wired.

Attachments

• RPC wiring.jpg
    RPC wiring.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 13
  • RPC Wiring1.jpg
    RPC Wiring1.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 13
what should I do about the ground when I wire my 3ph plug? Do I need to connect a ground to the same ground inside the disconnect and run it to my plug? Or, do I just use the three wires?
Just drill a hole somewhere in that panel and use a bolt and nut. Use crimp connectors and connect all your grounds to the bolt.
How are you starting your idler? The rpc kits use several capacitors to start them.

Back