RPC Wiring

Braeden P

Registered
Registered
Got the 7.5HP kit from wny supply, wiring diagram shows an optional relay but doesn’t show how to wire it without it. I am thinking connect 5 to 1 and don’t make wire 2. Is this correct?image.jpg

I think you want to put a momentary normally open pushbutton switch between 1 and 2 (C)
The button takes the place of the potential relay- you push it and hold for a few sec to start.
The power contactor should have a coil voltage rating of 220/240 volts AC
If not and it's rated at 110/120 volts then you would need to bring in a neutral and connect the button
between 1 and neutral
The pushbutton should be husky and of a good quality and the enclosure should be well grounded for safety

Last edited:
That makes more sense. The enclosure will be grounded twice through the three phase, once though single phase. I AM GOING TO GROUND THE CONTACTOR. They aren’t grounded yet but will be. Here’s the current set up. Using the enclosure from a blown 3HP RPCimage.jpg

The contactors don't really need to be grounded, but everything you might touch during normal operation should be

simply attach the ground wire to the enclosure,
the grounding of the contactors has already been accomplished by the screws that are retaining the contactors to the enclosure, .anything attached to the enclosure will be grounded

simply attach the ground wire to the enclosure,
the grounding of the contactors has already been accomplished by the screws that are retaining the contactors to the enclosure, .anything attached to the enclosure will be grounded
The contactors are screwed to a piece of wood screwed to the enclosure, they aren’t grounded yet.

The contactors are screwed to a piece of wood screwed to the enclosure, they aren’t grounded yet.
When the screws contact the base of the relay and the enclosure, and the ground wire is attached to the enclosure, ground has been achieved

Back