Rt Fixture Plate

Ok thanks, so when useing just the table ,no plate, how is the table top protected

Not sure I follow.
You protect the table on the RT the same way you protect the table on your mill with clamps, fixture plates, vises, etc.
Pallets and fixtures are generally considered sacrificial. You just mill right into them when you need to and clean them up as part of maintenance.
I have never used a fixture plate on the RT, I usually just clamp the work to the table, or put it in a 4jaw chuck. The few times I have had to mill to the bottom of a part, I have just put a spacer under the work so I don't hit the RT.
I'd like to have one, but it has never been worth the time or money to make one for the few times it would simplify things up this point. I am sure I will acquire one eventually though.

Spacers ok that makes sense , what is preferred spacer material ,aluminum, steel , wood , plastic
Just trying to be ready for rt to arrive so I can make the parts and leave town

... what is preferred spacer material ,aluminum, steel , wood , plastic

Whatever is the right size and too slow to get away :)

1-2-3 blocks are what I probably use most of the time, I have 4 pairs of cheap Chinese ones for this purpose. I also use parallels, machinists jacks, marble countertop scraps, chunks of metal from the scrap bin.
For one off work, cost is the biggest consideration. MDF, plywood, and paper are all cheap and often solid enough to use as machining spacers depending on what you are cutting and how heavy a cut. If you have to machine into the spacer, soft material is better.

Hi all , so it ended up being 12"ish x 1-1/4" thick ,kinda square / kinda round, the 3/8 dowell in the center is a slip fit into a mt3 Chuck arbor that I turned the JT 6 end down to .750 that slips into the reemed .750 center hole in plate. It has several 3/8-16 and 3/8 reamed holes for mounting clamps and dowell pins . I think it will work for my needs

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Scribe lines are .500 apart , solid pin at 0 deg 3" is a snug fit in t slot ,red locktighted in plate.
That aluminum was slow cutting on my Doall vert band saw with a 10-14 very pitch blade .
This was a learning experience :cool:
Thanks

Had some spare chucks lying around , I mounted a craftsman 8" 4jaw to the RT fixture plate.
I made a plug that fits the Chuck back hole snugly and a reemed 3/8 center hole to center the Chuck on plate , then drilled , taped 4 3/8-16 holes in plate to bolt the Chuck to it
May have to figure a way to mount a spare 6" 3jaw to it also , this plate is getting holy.

image.jpegGoing to start a thread on chucks in QA to see witch would be best
Thanks for the help

Back