rubber chip guards/aprons for mill

RobertHaas

Registered
Registered
Need a apron to protect the column on the back of my mill.

I was wondering of they are built commercially or are they home built?

Wow, thats kinda expensive for what it is especially if you would need to do the folding yourself!

Wow, thats kinda expensive for what it is especially if you would need to do the folding yourself!
Not sure what you mean? Its a 2 pack, 1 accordian version and 1 sheet. You put the accordian on the front, and the sheet on the back. I think they are $25 individually.

Ok I guess i misunderstood the ad.....I thought you were getting a roll of the material not the accordion.

I use tin foil to cover the table and the area between the table and the column. Works for me.

Don't know if it would help, especially since I don't know what it is that I use. BUT, I acquired a roll of gasket rubber some 15 years ago. Didn't pay retail, I think it was a salvage deal. But got enough of this rubber gasket to do ??? years worth of repairs. The ? is because I still have most of the roll on a shelf. All I can say is about thinking ahead pays off in the long run. I don't know what it was for, only that it looked "about" the right weight and plenty of it.

Rubber toolbox liner can be had at big box stores comes in rolls. Leather works good but does absorb the oil.

Another (inexpensive) alternative is shower pan liner, available by the foot or yard at big box stores. IIRC, it's 48" wide, about 1/16" thick, grey vinyl. I've used it for way guards on a couple of mills, and it's lasted well.

Back