• We want to encourage those of you who ENJOY our site and find it USEFUL to DONATE and UPGRADE your membership from active member to donating or premium membership. If you want to know the differences in membership benefits, please visit THIS PAGE:

https://www.hobby-machinist.com/premium/

Donating memberships start at just $10 per year. These memberships are in fact donations that help pay our costs, and keep our site running!
    Thank you for your donation, God Bless You
  • June Project of the Month (Click "x" at right to dismiss)
[4]

Safety Switch

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Fabrickator

Active User
I was working on a recent project that entailed hours and hours of monitoring the power feed on my mini mill. Well, it didn't take too long to get really old and so I started thinking about about making an "table position alert" so I could be multi-tasking while staying within reach of the mill. The next day on my way home from work I had a brainstorm and I stopped by the Home Depot and found the perfect solution, a home alarm system window module.

Just double stick tape it up in place and set-up and alarm to chirp (actually sounds like you walked into a liquor store) when it reaches your limit. The cost was very reasonable at less than $10.

IMG_2503.JPG IMG_2504.JPG IMG_2508.JPG

RJSakowski

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
A simple solution! They're the best kind.

[6]
[5] [7]