Saving a Gorton....hopefully

Last night I was able to spend some time with the machine in person! its a TRACE-MASTER! I am guessing it was built on 2-30 maybe the pic below will provide slightly more info. So maybe 3800# based on this brochure? http://gorton-machine.org/forms/form_3387/index.html (thanks @Choiliefan !)

(edit)I am also guessing that its a 2-30 based on having a 7hp max option thoughts?

rough dimensions of whole machine are 7ft tall about 9ft wide and 4 ft deep

the reservoir in back is full....any recommendations for moving it? was thinking I would label and disconnect each line and wrap in towels.

Ill be back down on Thursday to actually move it and then start the clean up process!

Attachments

• Gorton5.jpg
    Gorton5.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
UUUUUUUFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!! that sucker was a beast to move! fun fact found the original schematics and docs for it......it in fact is a 1963 9J Trace-master @Liljoebrshooter I feel I should buy you a beer for calling it!

we had a 10k# trailer and it was struggling a little bit but the trip was made. and then trouble hit....the garage we are putting it in was about 2 inches too short which had resulted in us pulling the motor up on top.....and that is not a light motor.

What an adventure. That thing is a beast.
I'm not familiar with this machine at all. When you say, Tracemaster, are you saying this huge beast is made just for tracing/engraving?
If it's a dumb question, I'm full of them.

Back