Saw conveyor?

snoopdog

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Let's see those roller tables for your saws. Homemade preferred, but any ideas welcomed.

I made one for my uncle. I don't have pictures, but I took the base from a treadmill, and added a couple extra rollers from another. It almost built itself.

Funny, I was going to suggest a treadmill. They are always on CL for free. There is a ton of great resources on them. Frames, slider beds, motors, rollers , belts and the lift/tilt screws on the expensive ones.

Sorry Doc, I’ve had several of those and maybe if I’d put a sandbag around the bottom it would have worked. When I found these I kept the rollers and the handles from the other type and trashed them. Jawstands are way more expensive but don’t fold up on me or flop. Yeah, they are way more expensive but are super handy. The tilt head has vise built in that can grab stuff like 2x4 or the end of a door you’re trying to hang. I have one of the old ones without the crank adjust and one of the crank adjust. HD with no flop. I mounted one of the rollers on a 2x4 that I can clamp in the head when I need it.

1681495079859.jpeg

Let's see those roller tables for your saws. Homemade preferred, but any ideas welcomed.
Made this set up a while ago for my Wilton 14" metal/wood saw. I dropped it to keep it a little lower and used all swiveling wheels on 1" x 2" x .120. Thanks. ( Have you used the solenoid brake release yet )6B7CA188-A6E9-4339-AB6B-44A404E83B84.jpegC8B40C55-F821-422A-B949-84E03C322051.jpeg31FFFAE9-3111-44B7-8917-31251AD3077B.jpeg

I have found roller stands (and ball bearing stands) to be dangerous to use as table saw outfeed. If they are not perfectly aligned with the blade, the wood will bind and very likely kick back when it hits the roller that steers it out of alignment. Also, if the board is long and the roller too far out, the sag of the board won't pass over the roller leaving you stranded in the middle of a cut. On the other hand, if the roller stand is too close to the saw, the weight of the board overhang will tip the stand towards the saw unexpectedly, again leaving you hanging with a very dangerous situation. BTDT.
I've eliminated the problem using a weighted tilting table with a slick top about a foot square. The table is off centered just a hair to rest tilting towards the saw and will flatten out immediately when the wood touches it. Never had this arrangement bail out on me.
Capture.JPG
DanK

Back