Saw gloat

alandarkdale

Active User
Registered
Two blocks from my home I saw a wooden stand and some sort of cast iron table piled out for the trash on the alley as I drove by. Went home, dropped trailer of rock, sand and portland cement, headed back to check it out.

Craftsman Jig saw. Missing front cover and a couple of funky bolts sticking out. Other than that it looks solid. 16" x 16" table and 24" throat depth. 1/4 horse motor that hums right along. The thing appears to work with only a broken power switch to replace.

DSCN1727.JPGDSCN1729.JPGDSCN1737.JPG I have never seen a blade support quite like this one. The lower support is missing but I have one to copy so no worries. Price was right for sure. :lmao:

Dale

DSCN1727.JPG DSCN1729.JPG DSCN1737.JPG

Way back in school (7th grade woodshop), when we were pretty hard on blades, the woodshop teacher took broken bandsaw blades and cut them to the right length for the jigsaw. Always had plenty for when we twisted them too bad, or broke them.

Thanks Shawn,

Maybe that is why they dumped it. Between a broken 3 dollar switch and not being able to find blades it was just too much to deal with. I've seen pictures that indicate the "U" shaped cover should be textured aluminum. Most of the photos show a lot shorter blade return housing. This one rises up about 8 inches. Maybe it was an early model.

Dale

Back