WTB SB 9” c model, gears

frankly2

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Still looking for stock gear set for my restored “C” model. Have all the acessories except gears.

You can facilitate "power" feeding by attaching a hand crank on the tailstock end of the leadscrew. I have one of my SB9's with a large pulley and variable DC motor on the TS end for all power feeding in both directions - no gears engaged.

I have a bucket of gears from a 9C that was scrapped. I don't know how many I have or how many there are supposed to be but these are yours if you want to pay shipping.

I see sets of gears for that lathe frequently, not real cheap, but lots of them.

I have a bucket of gears from a 9C that was scrapped. I don't know how many I have or how many there are supposed to be but these are yours if you want to pay shipping.
Would love to have the gears ! Will be willing to pay shipping and a little extra for your packaging and care, let me know what you need !

All I need is you to message me your address. I will put them in a flat rate postal box and send them out. I was given a 9C with totally trashed ways for parts. I saved everything that would fit my 9A and couldn't bring myself to scrap the change gears. I will edit this with a count now that you are interested.

All I need is you to message me your address. I will put them in a flat rate postal box and send them out. I was given a 9C with totally trashed ways for parts. I saved everything that would fit my 9A and couldn't bring myself to scrap the change gears. I will edit this with a count now that you are interested.
(Franklytwo@gmail.com) send me your email I’ll send my address

Frank,

It is always wise not to give your complete mailing address in a post in any of the Fora. Generally, the same thing applies to complete email addresses and telephone numbers. And it really isn't necessary here because all members have access to the PM system, here called Conversations. In any thread where the person whom you want to PM has a post, hover the mouse pointer over their User ID and then slide it down and click on Start conversation. It is usually wise to say something like "PM Sent" in the thread to be sure that he/she looks at the top of the screen where a red 1 should appear only to the recipient.

I don't know how many change gears make up the minimum required for an SB 9C but when looking it up in a parts manual, don't forget to include the 4 or 5 normally shipped installed on the machine. And don't forget that there will probably be some that you will have to have two or three of.

Last edited:
Back