Sb Drum Switch Help Needed

The 7th wire I just capped off. It's normally closed and I have continuity between all three wires. What ever. It works and I'm happy. I put a lot of work into that motor getting it cleaned and the bronze bearing re packed with wool. I'll replace it one day but I wanted to use it as is for a while. A question about VFD's since they were brought up, are they all run on 220v? My shop only has 110v in it. Is there a VFD that runs on 110v and puts out 220v?

A couple of manufactures offer 100-120V input single phase VFDs that output 220-240V three phase, usually 1HP or less. Teco makes some economical series, the latest is the T510 models which are just starting to be sold. So something like the L510-101-H1-N would be a reasonable choice and will handle up to a 1 HP three phase 220V motor. Another forum member I assisted with a conversion using the previous model (JNEV) 120V single phase input Teco VFD was been very happy with it's performance. I would probably recommend using a slightly larger motor if you have room, something on the order of 3/4-1 Hp. The are many 3 phase motors in this price range, they usually are less expensive than a comparable single phase. You would need a 20A socket to power the 1Hp VFD, and do not use a GFI receptacle.
https://www.tecowestinghouse.com/PDF/L510_brochure.pdf

Teco T510.jpg

Back