Scale wiring.

torchmd

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
Ok, next silly question:

I have built my touchdro kit, and tested it. Seems to work properly. I have one Ditron magnetic scale (it’s from Amazon, listed as “baykunl” but says Ditron on the read head) that I had to change the pin out in the connector, but works. Have to calibrate it, but it works. And I have one glass scale from a very old dro I bought for my old seig c6. I wired it so 5v on pin 1, Gnd pin 2, A pin 3, and B pin 4, the same as the magnetic scale, I tested the scale on the old dro and it works before retiring it. ( just to be through, the manual was wrong on the Pinout. It listed it as above, but it was completely different) , but no joy on the touchdro. So, I took it apart (like you do) and discovered this:(see picture).

On to the question part of my novella: would the switch of B to B- be enough to keep touch dro from working???

Thanks I’m advance.
Torch

Attachments

• IMG_4016.jpeg
    IMG_4016.jpeg
    256.5 KB · Views: 71
Ok, this has been an electric entry, and has sparked a lot of really exciting conversation…. But, I did find my answer, so I thought it would enter it here, in case there was one person somewhere out there in the quantum future.

I initially wondered if the scale having an A and B- wiring rather than an A and B wiring would cause the scale to not work. I still don’t know. But, getting your pin out wrong and having it wired up to pin 5,4,3,2 rather than 1,2,3,4 will make it not work. Luckily the 5v was on pin 5, and not in any location that would fry my scale. Sooo. For the future. Be careful. I’m going back to talking to myself.

Back