Scraping straight down and datum points

A few months ago I attended one of Richard's classes and after a few days the light bulb started to turn on in my head, and the work became straightforward, accurate and even pretty.... or try to find someone else with lots of experience reconditioning machinery in real life, who will take you under his wing and teach you right. Warning, there are a LOT of wannabe experts...

That would be fantastic. perhaps one day I'll be lucky enough :) and, yeah, there's lots of crap on yt and other sources and as for learning it on your own, not sure what to really add to what you and Richard have already said about it.

I sell the Connelly Book "Machine Tool Reconditioning"" They are new and are called the Bible of Rebuilding. It is an old book. But worth it. Plus it will act as a good sleeping pill if you read it in bed....lol Also a DCD or HSB stick on how to also. Have them all on ebay under Kingway scraping or it's in surface plates. can PM me for more info

Well, here it is. I've enjoyed the process of scraping. I scraped the bottom of the table, then the top to match parallel. Don't know what else to say, other than I'm stoked to make some chips with this thing. I'm hooking up the wiring and VFD in the next evening or two.
IMG_20180720_111303_364.jpg
20180731_221226.jpg
20180731_221235.jpg

Last edited:
For future readers, the repairs to this machine continue in another thread. You can scroll down to post #11 of that thread to continue following my progress.

Here is the link.

Back