[4]

Sears and Roebuck Dunlap Power Hacksaw missing part

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

usajsb2

Swarf
Registered
Was wondering if anyone has a saw like this one. I purchased it from Ebay and did not realize it was missing part of the vise, but I would have still bought it. I was going to mill one up but cant find a clear pic of one I'm hoping someone can post a good picture. Its the part that goes on the end acme screw it is 2 pieces joined by a pin so it can swivel also if someone had lots of time they could add some measurements.

dunlap saw.jpg

buffdan

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Here are some quick shots IMGP1409.JPG IMGP1410.JPG IMGP1412.JPG IMGP1411.JPG IMGP1413.JPG

Dan

IMGP1409.JPG IMGP1410.JPG IMGP1412.JPG IMGP1411.JPG IMGP1413.JPG

usajsb2

Swarf
Registered
Wow that's fast. This is a great site thanks Buffdan for taking the time for the pics and measurements. I'm going to go see if I have any stock to make one up.

usajsb2

Swarf
Registered
That didn't go well My cheapo china mill g0704 that has about 2-4 hours on it looks like the motor burned up. Grizzly asked me to call back in the morning to talk with the tech department as the warrenty just expired. Motor made noise them started smoking. Funny the saw that i'm freshening up could have hundreds of hours on it just needed cleaned and painted all the bearings are even good. Seems like I always regret buying china anything with a motor, but there prices always suck me in. Maybe this time I will learn.

drs23

Active User
Registered
That didn't go well My cheapo china mill g0704 that has about 2-4 hours on it looks like the motor burned up. Grizzly asked me to call back in the morning to talk with the tech department as the warrenty just expired. Motor made noise them started smoking. Funny the saw that i'm freshening up could have hundreds of hours on it just needed cleaned and painted all the bearings are even good. Seems like I always regret buying china anything with a motor, but there prices always suck me in. Maybe this time I will learn.
Man, that's a bummer. That's the mill I was looking at if I can't find "old iron" I can afford at one of the clearance house kinda guys in Houston.

I can say Grizzly does stand behind their product. I would be very surprised if they did anything other than replace it at no charge.

Please keep us posted.

usajsb2

Swarf
Registered
Talked to Grizzly today they wont cover it the 1 year is up. $150 for a new motor should be here next week. I think $150 is a little much the replacement motor, seems really cheap low quality.

yugami

Active User
Registered
Talked to Grizzly today they wont cover it the 1 year is up. $150 for a new motor should be here next week. I think $150 is a little much the replacement motor, seems really cheap low quality.
A good 1 HP motor costs about 300 new.

papermaker

Active User
Registered
I just bought one of these power hacksaw about 10 minutes ago. Dunlap 108.1501 picking it up next Friday!

fastback

Active User
Registered
I also picked up one of those power hacksaws. It has no plates on it but it looks just like the Dunlop. I am missing a few parts like the weight and the vice. Making a new weight should not be a problem but the vice may be a challenge. I figure that I will copy the base I saw on this site. Looks very professional.

My saw must be a later model it has an automatic shut off. I plan on taking before and after pictures.

Paul

Scruffy

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
Go to sears parts direct and punch in these # s

They have some parts. I have a 12 in excel by cover mfg. . I think it's the same saw

Scruffy

fastback

Active User
Registered
I'll take a look at Sears, thanks. I think mine is an Excel produced by the Covel MFG Co, so it would be the 108. style. Mine would be one of the later models because it has a auto shutoff switch.

Thanks again,

Paul

shawn_howell

Swarf
Registered
Was wondering if anyone has a saw like this one. I purchased it from Ebay and did not realize it was missing part of the vise, but I would have still bought it. I was going to mill one up but cant find a clear pic of one I'm hoping someone can post a good picture. Its the part that goes on the end acme screw it is 2 pieces joined by a pin so it can swivel also if someone had lots of time they could add some measurements.

View attachment 61533
Any chance you can help me out with pictures/dimensions of the other part of that same vise? I’m missing both pieces.

usajsb2

Swarf
Registered
Any chance you can help me out with pictures/dimensions of the other part of that same vise? I’m missing both pieces.
Yes if I remember I’ll try tonight if not it will be a while I’m on vacation and won’t be back home for a week. It’s been so long I didn’t even remember posting this. I did make the rear part but not really happy with it I may make a new one too.

[6]
[5] [7]