[Drill] Seeking Dimensions of a part from Canedy-Otto Royal 18 Drill Press (or advice)

yearn

Registered
Registered
All,

I'm seeking some help with a question regarding my pre-WW2 Canedy-Otto Royal 18. I do realize it's been a long time since some of those who mentioned owning a Canedy/Cincinnati drill press have posted, so hopefully this still reaches a few. Also, note that I'm not sure if any of the other models share the same arrangement for the pulley stack, but it doesn't seem unreasonable.

During restoration of y'alls various machines, did anyone happen to take dimensions of the "lower bearing container" (index item 9, p/n 700037 from the maint. manual)?

I gave it to the machinist we do business with at work, and they promptly lost it. They claim they'll turn a new one for me, but I want to be sure it'll fit properly in the pulley stack once reassembled, so I'm hoping for confirmation before guessing.

Attachment 1 is a photo of the parts from my spindle pulley stack, minus the lower bearing container and pulley. The index numbers match those in the parts and maintenance manual (Attachment 3). There's also a thrust washer/flat machine bushing ring that was inside the lost lower container, beneath the bearing.

In Attachment 2 (disregard the red markup), the missing piece in question is a cup that retains the 2nd bearing from the top (directly under the pulley). The 6206 bearing is pressed into a larger OD flange that sits against a flat spot at the bottom of the head casting, and a turned-down section extends into the throat. Press-fit into the bearing and pulley's differing inner bores, a stepped bushing connects them. Another can be found above the pulley, connecting it to a bearing held by the Upper Bearing Container.

If we can't drum up the actual measurements, any suggestions for an alternative solution? Thanks in advance for your time and effort, and I hope your own old dinosaurs are serving you well.

20230206_192515.jpg

Canedy-Otto pulley stack drawing.jpeg

5958-7.jpg

Back