Resolved Server backups

mickri

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Don't know if this is the proper place to post this. I frequent the Locost 7 website because I like to look at the cool cars that people are building from scratch. About a week or so ago the company that is hosting the site had a major crash. Usually no big deal because there should be a backup stored somewhere. The hosting company had not done a backup in almost 3 years and it appears that all has been lost since February 2017.

I would hate to have that happen here. Is there anyway that our site administers can check how often this site is backed up? And what the process would be to bring this site back online after a major crash? Thought that this might be something that should be checked on.

Yes, it's being taken care of. I forget what the exact schedule is but, although few ever notice anything, this site has been restored from backup once or twice this year. One of the Admins takes care of that. I recall him mentioning that he always runs a backup before doing any sort of software updates.

OK. Thanks.

Great question! The Hobby-Machinist content is backed up several times throughout the month. The absolute worse case scenario is some recent (maybe a few days) of lost content. Thanks for your concern!

Back