Servo 140 limit switch wiring diagram...

The normally closed terminal appears to be feeding the common terminal of the second switch

How do these limit switches operate? When you hit the limit and it stops, are you able to run it back in
the opposite direction?
If so then the switches should be wired in a symmetrical way, with one common wire and one wire each for right and left.
3 wires total back to the motor box should do it. I just can't decipher the Servo diagram- I've looked at it till my eyes bug out

Does the limit switch box have a plug connection? Or is the cord hard wired to the motor box with no plug?
If there's a plug it isn't shown on the diagram

Last edited:
How do these limit switches operate? When you hit the limit and it stops, are you able to run it back in
the opposite direction?
If so then the switches should be wired in a symmetrical way, with one common wire and one wire each for right and left.
3 wires total should do it. I just can't decipher the Servo diagram- I've looked at it till my eyes bug out

Does the limit switch box have a plug connection? Or is the cord hard wired to the motor box with no plug?
If there's a plug it isn't shown on the diagram
Yes, when properly wired, you can run the feed in the opposite direction after you hit the stop. And no plugs, they're hard wired to the feed unit.

OK, thanks- I think I just got my first glimmer of understanding
I think the circled area are the limit switches- if so there's your hookup; 3 wires as I suspected:
(and that black and yellow is not shorted together; the field winding goes there- it's a mistake)
140Lim1cf.jpeg

Last edited:
Back