shaper clean freak want abee

GK1918

Active User
Registered
By now I suppose most did not come from the times of your father having grease
fittings on his belt for a good whippin. His thing clean,clean. By now he is 105rys.
Ok I got 20 v's for a guy. Ok shaper land people fart in head, dollar store, I got
alum. square pan $1 now squashed said pan to foot. Try it all swarf in pan and oil
and brush wrenches nothing on floor. sorry camara batt dead = try it and it werks
with feed.
Call it thinking;

sometimes the spuid ideas make sense samuel

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????:thinking:

I think what he's saying is that he uses cheap aluminum pans to catch the oil and swarf then just tosses them when full to avoid all the mess. Not a bad idea. Some of those "pans" can be fairly large. Just think of the aluminum pans they use for catering and such.

-Ron

I think what he's saying is that he uses cheap aluminum pans to catch the oil and swarf then just tosses them when full to avoid all the mess. Not a bad idea. Some of those "pans" can be fairly large. Just think of the aluminum pans they use for catering and such.

-Ron
Thanks for the translation Ron ;) sometimes I am slow on comprehension:biggrin:

Thanks 1200 I do have a word problem and I should have added that you dont have to fiddle with the
foot just raise the table empty the pan done deal it works perfectly and its funny the pan stays put.

Thanks 1200 I do have a word problem and I should have added that you dont have to fiddle with the
foot just raise the table empty the pan done deal it works perfectly and its funny the pan stays put.

Maybe a picture would clarify what you are saying, all I get from that statement is a fiddle with foot, raise a table, empty a pan, and pan stays put. And it has something to do with a shaper?:thinking:

to fiddle

There I go with my cloudy sentences, thats why I got Ds &Fs in high school english.
Ill try real hard. I went to a $1 store only to buy cat food, I went through houseware
isle, I then spotted these about 14"x10" one dollar flat pans with a lip (ask women
what its for) I thought to fasten it to the wood base of an Atlas. I didnt like any ideas
I had to fasten it. I thought what if I pinched it under the table foot, I did, It held it
nicely and caught all swarf even brushing the work into it. Fiddle the foot explained.
Here goes, going to machine a part, part is vised up, now I will adjust the table where
I want it, next place this baking pan under there and lower the table foot pinching it
and lock the foot. Now the foot fiddling. To empty this swarf pan, leave the foot
(Locked) and simply raise the whole table foot and all, put pan back, lower table- foot
and all thus pinching the pan, and you are right back to the same table setting. So
I did not fiddle with the foot setting cause it stayed locked. Gee guys this is my best
explanation with out a camara battery. Yesterday I made a thread stop for my SB
and you all know, theres a few operations involved, and there was not one speck
on the floor this pan caught all the chips. No more noisey shop vac Im happy sam

There I go with my cloudy sentences, thats why I got Ds &Fs in high school english.
Ill try real hard. I went to a $1 store only to buy cat food, I went through houseware
isle, I then spotted these about 14"x10" one dollar flat pans with a lip (ask women
what its for) I thought to fasten it to the wood base of an Atlas. I didnt like any ideas
I had to fasten it. I thought what if I pinched it under the table foot, I did, It held it
nicely and caught all swarf even brushing the work into it. Fiddle the foot explained.
Here goes, going to machine a part, part is vised up, now I will adjust the table where
I want it, next place this baking pan under there and lower the table foot pinching it
and lock the foot. Now the foot fiddling. To empty this swarf pan, leave the foot
(Locked) and simply raise the whole table foot and all, put pan back, lower table- foot
and all thus pinching the pan, and you are right back to the same table setting. So
I did not fiddle with the foot setting cause it stayed locked. Gee guys this is my best
explanation with out a camara battery. Yesterday I made a thread stop for my SB
and you all know, theres a few operations involved, and there was not one speck
on the floor this pan caught all the chips. No more noisey shop vac Im happy sam

Now thats one heck of a good idea Sam ;) I will see if I can do it on my Logan.:drool:
Sorry but I could not understand what you were describing, the old age syndrome I guess:biggrin: (71 yrs old):(

Back