SHARING YOUR OLD BOOKS

View attachment 57254View attachment 57255View attachment 57256View attachment 57257Rich, ----I read your thread title and it was very interesting to me --I know there may be some problems of copying some books, but there is definately nothing illeagle of loaning a book to someone for information. I was hoping members could at least submit pics of the books others may be interested in searching for or maybe borrowing. I would trust members with any book I have. --Dave--* I'll include some pics of some of my machining books and if anyone is looking for any older automotive books I can send pics if I have what you are looking for in a private message--:))

Thanks Dave, You are a breath of fresh air... I Started this thread and was excited to loan the books out, (SHARE THEM). As I said I have done it before to many of my students for years and just recently to UGLYDOG from this forum. He had them for a few weeks and we met for coffee twice when I gave them to him and he gave them back. The price was a cup of coffee and a nice conversation I learned about how he teaches EMS at a local community College. One had a section on his Turret lathe and I was proud to have lent it to him. I did a swap in CA a few years back when I traded the use of a former student (Peter), he had a King-Way and a granite surface plate we needed for a scraping class. I had 2 books on Sip Jig Bores that I wanted to keep, but Peter has Sips in his shop, so we traded.

I have several machine manuals that I will never look at again and would be willing to share them, give them, trade for them or sell. I have no control on what someone does with them when they have them in their hands. If I sent someone My Moore Book or Testing Machine tools I would want a refundable deposit before I would lend them out they are worth a few hundred dollars.

I try to be positive as this is relaxing 99% of the time to me. I want to share my knowledge and now my books.. When people misunderstand my meaning and give me a bad time I get upset. Yesterday I got upset with all the advice on Copyright law. I'm 62 and have a good knowledge on patents, registered names and copyright as I have them. Sometime people should take into consideration someones age and experience when answering questions or giving advice,
Sorry to my friends and readers for getting up-set yesterday in here exactly, it wasn't you. (((((((Group Hug)))))))))) Rich :peace:

Hi Richard,

I am glad tonight to read your post on book loaning, I can only say, that we all look forward to your postings, & the knowledge passed on, I have had more than my fair share very negative loaning experiences in recent years with people I would have thought more of, But their we have it (Sometimes kindness is interpreted as weakness)
glad to take part in the group hug,

core-oil

I'm still looking for & prefer to buy a copy of (Tool room Grinding) by Norton 1957. If anybody has one please they would be willing to part with let me know. For me I'd really rather loan than borrow as I have extremely bad luck. But I do think it is a nice idea.

I'm still looking for & prefer to buy a copy of (Tool room Grinding) by Norton 1957. If anybody has one please they would be willing to part with let me know. For me I'd really rather loan than borrow as I have extremely bad luck. But I do think it is a nice idea.

Charley,
Is this what you are looking for?
Ebay, 1 bidder so far.
I am not the seller, I don't know the seller.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-too...497?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bda7dc09

Note, I'm likely to bid on this as well (edit).

Daryl
MN

If you are gonna bid on it I will not. I'll keep looking.

Charley,
You own a cutter grinder and other sharpening equipment.
I am in the wanna-be mode.
Thus, it makes better sense that it go to you!
Window on this Ebay item is closing, and the price is CHEAP.
If I know you will actively chase it, I will stay out.
As long as it doesn't become fire tinder.

Daryl
MN

Charlie--I can loan my book to Daryl since he is in our group and I will be seing him soon--you should buy the book before it passes--Dave

Charlie--I can loan my book to Daryl since he is in our group and I will be seing him soon--you should buy the book before it passes--Dave

He PM'd me and gave me his blessings so I'm gonna try and get it, just need to figure a max bid/value I'm willing to pay. It does appear to be in great shape.

One thing you will find out about me is I will not knock the props out from under a friend or fellow forum member if I know they have first dibs or express interest in something for sale here or elsewhere. You find the deal it's your chance at first refusal.

I love great books and saw this and thought of you .....If one wanted a "hard copy" Bid your max.

I dropped out at 17.47. Anybody here get it. Sniper took it at 22.25. Was that one of us?

"Billy G"

Back