Shars Deckel clone workhead stop ?'s

frugalguido

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
A question on the spring loaded work head stop, with the stop engaged, is it supposed to stop at 90 degree intervals? Mine goes past that amount by a fair amount.

A question on the spring loaded work head stop, with the stop engaged, is it supposed to stop at 90 degree intervals? Mine goes past that amount by a fair amount.
If it’s like my Checkel the degree bezel can be adjusted to inner stops. Might try finding the stops that are 90deg and adjusting you bezel to that. Sorry if that’s not clear or the right nomenclature, I’m sick bed with the worst flu in decades.

If it’s like my Checkel the degree bezel can be adjusted to inner stops. Might try finding the stops that are 90deg and adjusting you bezel to that. Sorry if that’s not clear or the right nomenclature, I’m sick bed with the worst flu in decades.
get well soon sir

Sorry to hear that you have the flu, I just over my second round of covid! Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly, I am talking about the hard stops, not the adjustable bezel. Mine has more than 90 degrees of swing before hitting the stops, probably like 5-10 degrees past in both directions.

Sorry to hear that you have the flu, I just over my second round of covid! Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly, I am talking about the hard stops, not the adjustable bezel. Mine has more than 90 degrees of swing before hitting the stops, probably like 5-10 degrees past in both directions.
I thought I was addressing it. Find the hard stops that are 90’s and adjust the bezel to it. The hard stops are not adjustable and are hidden, and my bezel didn’t come adjusted to the hard stops. I hope that make more sense.

It has a stop pin in it, not very precise. I leave it disengaged.

I am assuming you are talking about "yaw" travel limits.

I'll see if I have a pic. I might.

IMAG0260.jpg

I have the Shars as well. Using the graduated collar (with an eyeball sanity check) mine is pretty much right on 90* - maybe 91*, but not much over at all (until you release the pin, of course).
GsT

I think I have an answer, I took the work head apart. The stop pin main body is on an eccentric that can be rotated to change where it hits on the radial slot as shown in the picture that Pontiac428 showed above. There is a set screw that locks the stop pin assy. from rotating on the back side of the casting of the lower casting. There is just little bit of adjustment here, but enough to work.

Back