Shars ER40 collet chuck NMTB 30?

If you have use for the NMTB-30 chuck, and don't have individual Weldon Type tool holders, Go for it. When I worked for a living, I made sure I had a sufficiency of -30 holders for all my machines. One big CNC vertical mill had in excess of 50 tools in the belt, I loaded it with a range of tap drills, taps, clearance drills, center drills and a few milling options. It would have been counter productive to have all collet holders, though I did use a few.

Tom, thanks for the input. I'm leaning toward individual end mill holders for it. It is a vertical head attachment for a horizontal mill. Would be used for end mills up to 1 inch or so. Looking for a decent quality MT #3 socket with NMTB 30 shank for it also.
I wanted to be able to easily swap out my little face mill (2.5 inch toolmex) and boring head (Criterion) from the Bridgeport. I've got a spare Albrecht drill chuck that has a straight shank on it. Thought I could use straight shanks on those items and collets for the end mills.

Not sure if I would be happy with the durability and long term accuracy of the Shars collet chuck for this application.

Back