Sheetmetal QCTP rack

C-Bag

Ned Ludd's bro
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I finished the tool holder rack that I’ve gone through several iterations on. I tried a 3d printed thing off of eBay, no cigar. Tried just aluminum angle on the backsplash, no cigar. So I decided something from a different angle all together. And another reason to use my 3n1 to fab something up. Sorry, no incremental pics. The protection is 1/4 airline hose.

Attachments

• 9B2DB6F9-6FC0-47AE-B44B-A3EF03E57109.jpeg
    9B2DB6F9-6FC0-47AE-B44B-A3EF03E57109.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 219
  • 1812DE28-D1E6-4A5E-A692-BF63934E1F33.jpeg
    1812DE28-D1E6-4A5E-A692-BF63934E1F33.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 211
How long did that take you? It looks really good.

Thanks. It’s really hard to say because there was still learning and fiddling with the 3n1. I would guess at least 2hrs. I also was doing it piecemeal as I had time.

I do wonder if it'll swing away so you can get to the grinding wheels and masking tape.

I do wonder if it'll swing away so you can get to the grinding wheels and masking tape.
Nope, I went for solid and it is. The whole garage needs an overhaul and that silly pegboard trashed. I didn’t have the time to paint it and get rid of the silly embarrassing wall paper. Too many other fish to fry. :(

I didn't see any wallpaper. My eyes are trained to see useful things. Ha!
Don't care for the pegboard eh? My shop has it floor to 10' ceiling. I've considered covering the bottom half with something different, but just like you, I've got so many other things I'd rather be doing. Don't you hate those darned hooks? Seems like they could have come up with something that won't fall out of the wall and under something heavy every time a person takes a tool off it.

Back