Shenwai 900

Catesjg

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Want to switch motor on a Shenwai 900 B back to 110 volt Because 220 not available yet. Any one have a wiring diagram?

Check the manual for G4003G near the back, they have a wiring diagram for both 120 and 240, in color no less.

Thanks. Unfortunately It looks a lot different than what I’ve got and I pretty much suck on wiring. If I can find a written description section on swapping it from one voltage to the other is probably going to be best for me. Acording to the sticker it was originally wired for 110 V then in 1993 some one swapped it to 220 V and noted it on the sticker. I was able to plug in to 220 V to test it and all was operable. Just don’t have 220 V available here.

If you motor is not using the std wiring diagram, you can't debug this without either a complete wiring diagram, or an oscilloscope.

Welcome to H-M.

The Shenwai 900 lathe was part of a group of lathes that were branded under a number of names. I believe the most common was the Jet brand series of lathes. As such there are a number of different manuals created under the various names. I believe you need to be at least a Silver member, to download. But, if you look in the Download section under Jet, you will find a number of manuals for this family of lathes (Jet, LAM, Grizzly, Tida, etc). One may have the info you are looking for. https://www.hobby-machinist.com/resources/categories/jet-except-grinders.636/

Once you have posted a few more times, you will be able to upload pictures, which would allow us to more effectively help you.

Thanks for the response. I don't have a manual for this Machine, and I was Looking for the best method of removing the Chuck.
I think locking back gear is going to be the trick. I don't know when it was last removed so I'm a bit uncomfortable. It was purchased from an estate sale and was in a garage that had no door and lotsa critters to visit. Also, I wanted to put it back to110 V because I don't have 220 V available in the shop/Barn where it is stored now. Any help would be appreciated

Here's the link for Manual of Grizzly's version of your lathe.

Pages 22-23 describe how to remove the chuck on the Grizzly lathe.

I follow this method when I remove the chuck on my Jet1024 lathe, with the one exception that my Jet does not havea "spindle clamps" as shown in Fig 22.

Hope this helps.

Back