Shenwai 900

Thanks for the response. I don't have a manual for this Machine, and I was Looking for the best method of removing the Chuck.
I think locking back gear is going to be the trick. I don't know when it was last removed so I'm a bit uncomfortable. It was purchased from an estate sale and was in a garage that had no door and lotsa critters to visit. Also, I wanted to put it back to110 V because I don't have 220 V available in the shop/Barn where it is stored now. Any help would be appreciated
The primary thing you need for removing stuck chucks is patience.

From the pictures I found in the internet it looks a lot like my Samson (Tida) model 5AA. I have my old motor and control box if you run into trouble with switching yours back to 110v but if you can I'd highly recommend getting 220v to where you have your shop. Shortly after buying my lathe I switched it over to a 3 phase motor with VFD which is a huge improvement on these small machines. I know not everyone can make this happen but if you can it's worthwhile.

Again.... Penetrating oil, gentle heat, and patience is your friend in getting the chuck loose. There are lots of threads on here covering this, but you don't want to be the guy looking for parts because you decided to reef on the chuck with the backgear engaged.

John

Back