Sherline cnc lathe, Fusion 360, UGS, Grbl, Arduino Nano

Wino1442

Registered
Registered
HI all....I am an older noobie at CNC and I'm in the process of converting my Sherline lathe to CNC. I have the hardware, I have Universal G Code Sender on a laptop, and Grbl loaded onto an Arduino Nano. I am slowly learning my way around Fusion 360 and have managed to model a very simple "part" which I was able to generate a toll path for. I run into trouble when I go to post it. I have tried a couple of different post processors and when I attempt to run the code via UGS I get error messages indicating that there are commands not supported by Grbl and the code stops running. I have used the Grbl post processor and when I attempt to post it I get messages stating that some of the commands are out of date. As far as I can tell all the software I'm trying to use is up to date.
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction? I don't know ion there's a post processor out there that I should be using that's not listed in Fusion's library or something else.
Any help you all can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

P.S.. Hopefully I have explained this well enough and I apologize if I have used the incorrect terminology that have clouded the issue.

I do not use Grbl but since no one has replied, I would start with this and edit it to your machine if needed. I imported this post processor into fusion and posted a simple OD turn with it. Had to adjust the "Turret" number in the Post processor tab of the tool in the tool library and unchecked "Use Constant Surface Speed" in the OD turn operation.

Attach your gcode file and I will look.

Andy

Download this post and save it where you can find it
In the Manufacture Workspace, click MANAGE and then select Post Library
I keep my posts in the Cloud library location to use them on different computers
Click on the right arrow icon in the Post Library to import the file you downloaded

1695171720299.png

Then select your Post from the library when you post process

1695172042236.png

Andy

Back