[How-To] Shop air quality ideas?

I need to read into that some more
My buddy bought this one when he built his house but never installed it. This one has an aluminum cross flow air to air heat exchanger in it. The exhaust air passes through the exchanger warming the plates which then warms the incoming fresh air. They're not 100% efficient but beter than blasting cold air into the shop. In the summer the cool exhaust air chills the warm moist incoming air, it drops a fair bit of moisture out of the outside air, this collects and runs out a drain tube.
Use a newer one in the house that has a plastic air exchanger, seams to work fine too.
I heat the house and shop with hot water from an external wood fired boiler. With no chimney in the house there is no air exchange to remove moisture in the winter. The air exchanger controls the humidity in the house, without it the walls and windows were literally dripping.
View attachment 337647

In the shop I only hooked up the external inlet and exhaust. Made a filter for the shop air to stop dust plugging up the air exchanger section.

Greg

i need to look into that. It's hard for me to concentrate while looking at that cool, low profile gantry. Thanks!

Back