Shop apron what is your favorite

Mine is the Enco denim apron with bib pocket with free shipping and on sale $4 or $5. The one drawback is the length of the tie string :angry: cant be because I am a bit chubby:nervous:

I bought a couple of those and they're still going strong. And they do tie around me - easily.

I like the idea of the long strings on the apron, I have bad back and shoulder and have a hard time reaching behind me to tie them at times. Much less reaching behind me to snap a clip. Thus often just forgo the apron a lot.

I like the idea of the long strings on the apron, I have bad back and shoulder and have a hard time reaching behind me to tie them at times. Much less reaching behind me to snap a clip. Thus often just forgo the apron a lot.
Before I got the custom apron from my cousin I just extended the strings by tying cord to the existing strings. Didn't look so hot, but I couldn't see it below my belly anyway!

I really like this apron;
http://www.parktool.com/product/heavy-duty-shop-apron-sa-3

It has straps that cross on your back and has a quick release. Also has the swing top pockets.

Another vote for the Park Bike Tools aprons. I have about a dozen different aprons from various manufacturers. The 2 Park Tools ones are my favorites for lathe and mill work. The ones From Harbor Freight are the ones I go to for really messy jobs that might end up in throwing away the aprons.
https://www.harborfreight.com/denim-apron-32306.html

Got my wife to make me one out of a old scrubs.
the only part that is of note is small pull away clips on neck and waist bands.
It comes off with a tug.
No dangly bits.

So when one day when I get myself wrapped up in a job it will detach from me.
I plan to go in just shorts and thongs and apron in summer.
Maybe even commando

Tom Lipton's cool leather one was made by none other than Mitch Rosen of holster fame. I'm sure it is a work of art!

Tom Lipton's cool leather one was made by none other than Mitch Rosen of holster fame. I'm sure it is a work of art!

Wow, no ****! His holsters are really works of art. Will have to eyeball Tom's apron next time I watch one of his videos. As for me, I got one at last years One Show in Portland, that's made of waxed cotton, and really like it. Can't remember the makers, but they were local to Portland, I believe. Really nicely made, and does help prevent oil splotches on my favorite T-shirts! Pockets are handy as well.

Yea, but is it like Tom's? :grin: In the case one of us win that lottery, he will be a hard guy to top when it comes to shop and toys.

Yea, but is it like Tom's? :grin: In the case one of us win that lottery, he will be a hard guy to top when it comes to shop and toys.
Indeed! Tom would be very hard to top. He's got quite the toy box! :)

Back