Shop Floor Drains

Thanks for the info. I believe you can have it come up through the floor but has to be in conduit or tapped. Before concrete is poured I should have it figured out. The inspector so far has not answered my questions and is very slow to respond to my emails. Busy I'm sure but.....
The three 90's, or two, are not required here as my house service is a straight shot of soft 1/2" copper.

Each state, county and city will often have their own codes. While no doubt there will be similarities, it is a good idea to get the actual requirements. It would be in your best interest to go down and visit your inspection office and get a copy of the code and talk with someone. I know with my work, I can exchange 20 emails and still not get the answer I am looking for. A 5 minute conversation with someone will save a lot of typing and frustration.

When I am doing the work I always get a copy of the code. That way if the inspector says I did it wrong, I ask them to show me how I interpreted the code incorrectly. I never say they are wrong. That can make for a bad day with an inspector. It also shows them you are doing your level best to comply.

If a contractor is doing it, then it is up to him, and he can redo his work on his dime to get it right.

Agree I will have to look to see if I can at least find the state code. Our township contracts out all inspections so there is no o e at city hall to answer questions.

Things are much different he were I am. All one has to do is call the local gas utility they will send an inspector out at no charge.
The gas company writes there reg's the government just rubber stamps it.
My brother was a fire inspector, went to home for inspection, found a garden hose tied to a fence to supply N/G to a garage. It was condemned, wrote an order to remove with in 24 hrs. or the gas is shut off and a $5000.00 fine.

Back