Shop-made Snake Gun ?

I know a guy who builds ARs.
Makes all kinds of mods. He has his Federal License and etc.
I'll give him a shout.

Although, I also really want a pocket gun...

Thanks
Daryl
MN

This is what I carried in AR. Don't think they'll like it here in ca.:eek:
IMG_0747.JPG
410-45

dlane,
Is that shop made?
Regardless, based on what I've seen as a Paramedic if I can't hit the target in two shots game is over anyway.
The derringer is an attractive idea, and simple. Many of the derringer seem to have small grips.
This one looks like it would actually be usable!

Daryl
MN

Because a smooth bore barrel makes it a shotgun, which has to have a 18" minimum barrel length. Rifled barrels shorter than 18" are OK as long as it's a handgun. But put a shoulder stock on it and now it's a "short barreled rifle", which requires a $200 tax stamp from the ATF. Confused yet? :confused 3:

So, is there a minimum twist rate? Can I put 4 straight grooves in the barrel and call it rifling? Just curious, not trying to cause trouble.

That's a good question. I'll defer to someone more knowledgable than me to answer that one....

Sorry that pic is what I carried for a snake gun when I lived in AR. Not shop made , I got it from a gun shop assembled I guess it could of been a kit. Seen its share of water moccasins, copperheads

I'm sure most any of us on here can turn grooves in a tube . Don't need to be exact for a snake gun but to be legal just set your courses thread and make a couple cuts .007 should do it. And if you want turn your tube 180 degrees and cut a second groove. There's no rule on rate of twist or quantity . If your making a real accurate gun yes , but for snake shotshells none really needed . To be legal is the only need.

Back