shop pictures--ok this is my first try ---i think this will work--i hope

Real nice, only thing I dont see is chips:biggrin: looks about the same here as your place as far as type of country.
You have a real nice setup, thanks for sharing ;)

Your shop is way to nice to make chips in! Excellent shop, equipment and views!

David

Nice lookin shop there ,,

what power are you running in your shop

Darn, had to go back and check closer. The next to last pic looked like a way too nice welding botth, but it is a spray booth. Either way it is very nice looking. Did you ever consider building another to use as a welding booth? The fan in the back would definately exhaust fumes and smoke and the sides would stop arc flash too. I guess I am just hung up on welding but a few pics of a too clean shop are super nice to have too. Great pics and welcome.
Bob

Nice lookin shop there ,,

what power are you running in your shop
---i was fortunate in that we have 3-phase power close by for an irrigation pump --for our field . when we built the house --ten yrs. ago we brought 3-phase power to our home site--the home has single phase 120--240. -- and the shop has a separate feeder of 120--240--3--phase to answer your orig. ques. the power outages are frequent here soooo when i added the lathe i added lo- voltage protection and phase protection to lathe supply power. the ''senseing'' relay only costs $60.00 to add this to your controls---if you need part no;s or would like to incorporate this --e.m. me . i will be glad to supply help--if we have problems with power the lathe don't run or shuts off --that protects the 5--hp. 3/0 motor:) from burn-out. thanks for watchin. re steve

Darn, had to go back and check closer. The next to last pic looked like a way too nice welding botth, but it is a spray booth. Either way it is very nice looking. Did you ever consider building another to use as a welding booth? The fan in the back would definately exhaust fumes and smoke and the sides would stop arc flash too. I guess I am just hung up on welding but a few pics of a too clean shop are super nice to have too. Great pics and welcome.
Bob
--ok--this may get ''long winded''--yes--that is a spray booth --the filters were removed at time of picture. the floor in booth and adjacent area are tiled --adjacent area is for welding --works ok for tig welding but arc welding takes a toll on tiled floor:(--i too was going to add fan for welding area --but after turning on fan in spray booth i found it would evacuate entire shop in about 4-minutes. the fan was sooooooooo strong i had to cut off 4 of the original 8--blades from the fan motor. now i can stand inside booth and spray paint and air flow causes no problems with paint flow from spray gun.--that is the reason for the 24 inches for ''lost space''as you will always notice a plenum -downstream of the filters in every spray booth--it;s gotta be there to make the booth ''work'' and it works great---re-moving four fan blades was a lot cheaper than adding a ''v. f. d''. for fan motor.suppliers wanted $800.--/vfd-only 2 hp. motor.:phew:it gets real cold here--now i can paint in winter--that's why booth was added in the first place. thank's for watchin:) re steve

Real nice, only thing I dont see is chips:biggrin: looks about the same here as your place as far as type of country.
You have a real nice setup, thanks for sharing ;)
ques??--just completed road trip thru idaho---what city do you live in?? thanks re steve

ques??--just completed road trip thru idaho---what city do you live in?? thanks re steve

I live outside of Blackfoot Idaho about 5 miles west. Blackfoot is located between Idaho falls & Pocatello.;)

I live outside of Blackfoot Idaho about 5 miles west. Blackfoot is located between Idaho falls & Pocatello.;)
-- just completed trip to ogden to have some scraping and realignment done on my bridgeport ---must return to ogden shortly and pick up mill--i saw the exit to blackfoot and remembered readng about you on this hobby mach. web. small world:)-- thanks for watchin re steve

Back