Shop Sound System- What's yours?

I have this chick standing in the corner. Kinda hard to change the station though. Can get a little tense fiddling with the knobs. Cheers Mike

View attachment 339214
You must not have any neighbors or they’d call the cops thinking somebody is torturing a cat. I truly listen to almost everything with a few exceptions. The bottom 3 of the no play list are bebop, opera, rap. To each their own. Play on.

shop stereo.jpg
I fix a lot of electronics just to keep them from going to the dump. When I repaired two wounded 8-track players that I would have been ashamed to keep in the house, I built this wall shelf out of the crate that my milling machine came in. One has a better radio receiver, the other is a better 8 track player. This side of the wall is the "clean space" that's for electronics projects and acts as the antechamber to the shop/garage and my technical library. There's also a record player and a 70s tape deck with a repaired power amp. On the other side of the wall, which is the shop, there's another pair of trash picked speakers mounted on the wall (Marantz ones that sound great.)
I was born well after 8-tracks went out of fashion, so all the quirks of the format are interesting to me - the unending loop is ideal for getting work done without having to change albums, though I may have to stop work to repair a tape splice on occasion!
Oh, and just to keep it in the present I harvested the bluetooth receiver from a broken speaker and hacked it into the bottom deck!

Great thread!

I use a cheap walmart speaker plugged into my Galaxy S10 and get the tunes through Spotify...

The speaker sounds decent, even if it is cheap. I only use it when the machines aren't running... (my RPC drowns it out). One added benefit is that I can very quickly and easily move it from the basement metalshop to my external shop if I am tinkering out there.

-Bear

For my 10x14 foot wood shed workshop (rockwool insulation with 1/4” paneling) I have the below setup which sound really good and is connected via a cheap mini pc (a little slow but works for basic research, Pandora or Amazon music and also youtube videos), new 19” led monitor, and a used stereo receiver. The Polk speaker are attached to the outside of the shed.

Beelink MII-V Mini PC,Quad Core Intel Celeron Windows 10 Ultra-Thin Mini Computer

Pioneer SP-BS22-LR Andrew Jones Home Audio Bookshelf Loudspeakers
Pioneer SW-8MK2 Andrew Jones 100W 8" Powered Subwoofer

Polk Audio Atrium 6 Outdoor Speakers

Back