Show us the inside of your tool box drawers!

SamIAm

Registered
Registered
All,
In an attempt to keep my new cabinet spiffy. Im reluctant to just start piling tools and what nots into the drawers.
Ive seen many factory made index like holders, but as we all know some peoples tool boxes are much more organized than others. (no offense intended!)

I was thinking I would make dense foam holders for most of my tools. Pics... Pics.. Pics..

Lets see watch ya got!

Sam

Don't have any pictures Sam,but it seems like I've had the same thought's over the years about organizing my tool box drawers, I just never take the time. I did take a piece of maple board about 8-12 inches & drilled 1/2 inch holes in it spaced evenly.I use it to stand up 1/2 inch shank end mills & such to keep them from banging around the drawer. Good luck & post some pictures.I'm sure all of us could use some ideas on tool organization.

LOGAN LATHE 002.jpg

Drawers are lined with 1/2" sleeping bag foam. It was hard to cut until I sharpened the exacto blade with a diamond stone. That helped trace tools fairly quick. I 3M glued the foam to a sheet of thin neoprene or 1/16" ABS sheet plastic to keep tools off the tin pan. Too organized for anyone using their tools to make a living.

LOGAN LATHE 002.jpg

Back