SIEG C6 Board photo

746 watts/ HP at 100% efficiency, but nothing is 100% efficient. Your motor is probably more like 1/2 to 2/3 HP. Could even be less, these machinery companies are known for exorbitant exaggeration.
Looks like a potentiometer and terminals are included. You'll have to purchase the HP resistor separately. Pick a HP resistor somewhere between
1/3 and 3/4 HP and you should be fine. There is some latitude there. Expect to touch up the adjustments for torque compensation and start-up speed when you get the unit running.
-M

Last edited:
OK, what I believe you have there is an SCR controller similar to the KB electronics designs. Probably several solid state components are damaged. The chip in question is most likely a LM324 quad op amp, but something else failing on the board blew it up. You would need to check all the power devices and the power rectifiers D16 thru D19. You might be better off trying to find a replacement controller (like the aforementioned KB brand) You can often find them on Ebay for less than 100$ US
-M

Quad Op Amps blow up because their output got shorted to Ground or to Vdd. There is something else wrong on that board.

746 watts/ HP at 100% efficiency, but nothing is 100% efficient. Your motor is probably more like 1/2 to 2/3 HP. Could even be less, these machinery companies are known for exorbitant exaggeration.
Looks like a potentiometer and terminals are included. You'll have to purchase the HP resistor separately. Pick a HP resistor somewhere between
1/3 and 3/4 HP and you should be fine. There is some latitude there. Expect to touch up the adjustments for torque compensation and start-up speed when you get the unit running.
-M

Mark, you’re a legend, can’t thank you enough. I’m confident I know what I need to, to get this machine running now. Hopefully the board will be here around Wednesday. I’ll update the thread once the board is on. Don’t know what I’d of done without the help on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news, glad to help.
-M

Hi Mark, sorry to be a pain but I just wanted to run something by you. I have found a local supplier for the horsepower resistor. From the advice you have given, I believe I need part number: 9836 which is for 1/3-1/2hp at 200v.

I intend to buy resistors on either side of that one, so that I can choose the optimum one.

My question is, what would be the symptoms of an incorrect resistor?

I think the 9836 sounds like a good fit. The symptoms of an incorrect one would be that the torque compensation would not work properly; motor speed would change under varying loads. The adjustment pot on the board may be at the end of it's range. You want it to be sort of in the middle, optimally. The speed control would still work, but the controller should be able to hold the speed pretty constant under load if the feedback is working properly.
I looked online to try to pin down the exact HP rating of the DC brushed Seig C6 but I only found references to the fixed speed single phase AC motor (0.75HP) and the brushless version. Best I can figure is somewhere between 1/3 and 3/4 HP
I'm fairly certain you only need one resistor size. There is some latitude, like I mentioned earlier. Try the 9836 first.

Last edited:
I think the 9836 sounds like a good fit. The symptoms of an incorrect one would be that the torque compensation would not work properly; motor speed would change under varying loads. The adjustment pot on the board may be at the end of it's range. You want it to be sort of in the middle, optimally. The speed control would still work, but the controller should be able to hold the speed pretty constant under load if the feedback is working properly.
I looked online to try to pin down the exact HP rating of the DC brushed Seig C6 but I only found references to the fixed speed single phase AC motor (0.75HP) and the brushless version. Best I can figure is somewhere between 1/3 and 3/4 HP

Many thanks once again. All makes perfect sense now. The cost of the resistors is just £4.50 and the supplier is only 30 mins away from me so it’s not a problem for me if I need to change it for any reason :)

I've been using a KBIC-125 for a few years now with a surplus servo motor of unknown horsepower, with great results. Not affiliated with KB, just a satisfied user

I've been using a KBIC-125 for a few years now with a surplus servo motor of unknown horsepower, with great results. Not affiliated with KB, just a satisfied user

Good to hear. I’d never heard of them until this thread, but then again I’ve never had to do anything like this before. This is the first but I can guarantee not the last time I use KB. My father wants to motorise his honey spinner at some point so I think they may be good for that. I believe the boards are made in America too which is always nice.

Back