Sieg X2D Table Bind

Yep, you got it. The nut isn't too far from the right end of the table so you can reach in with an allen wrench on that side to secure it in place.

The placement, by the way, is why the table on this type of mill will often bind up when it's moved to the left -- the nut is closest to the bearing block on the the right so any misalignment really shows up at that point. That's why the adjustment procedure calls for moving the table to the left and loosening/re-tightening the grub screws and bearing block mounting screws.

IIRC, the pocket for the feed screw nut is just cast, not machined -- so if firmly tightened it may not be exactly aligned to the axis of the feed screw. That's why some setup procedures say to not firmly tighten down the grub screws -- else, the nut itself will bind. YMMV in this regard, my mill seems OK if I tighten them down. The LMS version may be better machined.

Great info, thanks! The LMS manual doesn't include the instruction to move the table to the left when adjusting the leadscrew nut, in fact, it doesn't talk about the nut at all other than to ID it in the parts diagram. But while looking for that info I re-read the mounting info and discovered that the table comes off to the right. The YT videos I watched show people taking it off the left side.

Great info, thanks! The LMS manual doesn't include the instruction to move the table to the left when adjusting the leadscrew nut, in fact, it doesn't talk about the nut at all other than to ID it in the parts diagram. But while looking for that info I re-read the mounting info and discovered that the table comes off to the right. The YT videos I watched show people taking it off the left side.
Aha! I had wondered about that because before I came across the lift-out method I was taking mine off the right side, per the manual. I thought perhaps the LMS version was different in that regard.

Back