Simple hammer forming.

Ken from ontario

H-M Supporter - Silver Member
H-M Supporter - Silver Member
I just watched this video and thought some of you might also find it interesting, I know we all have access to YouTube and could watch videos like this anytime we 'd like but this video is exceptionally well prepared, and edited ,it just doesn't get boring especially if you're into simple custom fabrication:

I found Karl several months back and subscribed immediately. All his vids are great, even though I’m not into hot rods. His enthusiasm and clear instruction and reasons for what he does are fantastic. I just wish I had a tenth his energy. The guy is truly the energizer bunny and somehow stays positive no matter what. You can tell he loves what he’s doing and is a great teacher. Hard to believe he’s so young. He also gets right down to biz which I REALLY appreciate.

I just watched this video and thought some of you might also find it interesting, I know we all have access to YouTube and could watch videos like this anytime we 'd like but this video is exceptionally well prepared, and edited ,it just doesn't get boring especially if you're into simple custom fabrication:
Judging by his Magnum branded welder in the background, I'd say he's a Canuck.
Excellent content!
Edit - he's from Maple Ridge BC :)

Last edited:
I watched the video and was impressed with what he can do, but he wasted a good piece of 3/8 plate. I'm guessing the whole project took quite a few hours to make. I would have just welded a new plate to the bottom of the tray and call it a day.

I watched the video and was impressed with what he can do, but he wasted a good piece of 3/8 plate. I'm guessing the whole project took quite a few hours to make. I would have just welded a new plate to the bottom of the tray and call it a day.
I probably would have welded a new plate to the bottom also or would have used some other short cut technique but his whole point of making the video was to make an exact duplicate of the original in every detail, just to challenge himself , I always enjoy watching hisvideos . Ron Covel and Jere Kirkpatrik are the other two who never disappoint.

I probably would have welded a new plate to the bottom also or would have used some other short cut technique but his whole point of making the video was to make an exact duplicate of the original in every detail, just to challenge himself , I always enjoy watching hisvideos . Ron Covel and Jere Kirkpatrik are the other two who never disappoint.
+1! The other thing besides the great camera work is Karl admits his shortfalls and shows his mistakes. At the beginning of the vid he admits he could have gotten the same replacement part for $20. But his aim was to show you can make anything with simple tools and available materials.

Ron and Jere have done some incredible hammer forming collaborations like when they duplicated and odd duct Jere found in a junk yard. They each made 1/2 of the part using their own methods which were totally different and then mated the two parts together seamlessly. I learned a lot in all of these vids and totally appreciate these guys going through basics that I would never have access to if it weren’t for them and YouTube.

Back