Simple tilt table

Nice work on that plate!! I guess I need one.

Thank you for the pics Pineyfolks. I tend to think in one plane at the time. Duh! I needed the push, now I have a better idea of the size, shape and such...

Nice work Bill. I'm still working some ideas for mine. It would seem that a jacking screw or an addition end bar (like a sine bar) would help in adjusting the plate to get it right on the money.

I have my tilt table pretty much finished up. I'm thinking of making support arms for it, but it was very solid in my test tonight. My table is 11" x 9" x 1" aluminum, with a 2.625" diameter mount. I drilled and tapped 1/4-20 holes at 1.5" on center. Tonight, I made 4 hold downs from 1" x .375 x 3" cold rolled. A friend gave me a set of 8 tiny step blocks, which will be perfect for the hold downs on this table.
The only thing I have to make for sure are some thicker washers for the hold downs, as the fender washers distorted on the first use.
I recently purchased a AngleCube and I think it'll be great for the tilt table. I'm not saying it's better than a sine plate, but I think it'll get the plate within 1/2 degree or less.

table1.jpg

table2.jpg

table3.jpg

table4.jpg

table5.jpg

table1.jpg table2.jpg table3.jpg table4.jpg table5.jpg

Last edited:
I mostly finished mine today. Like most projects, there is always something to change or add. My plate is 3/4" aluminum, 6" x 8.5", tapped 1/4-20 holes 1.25" OC and 0.2505" reamed holes, also 1.25" OC, offset from the other holes. The large roll is 2.725" in diameter. I also added an additional adjustment roll. It is movable in 1.25" increments.

P8222821Large_zps3826f8a8.jpg

P8222822Large_zps0a55a8c0.jpg

P8222823Large_zps99dd89a4.jpg

I mostly finished mine today. Like most projects, there is always something to change or add. My plate is 3/4" aluminum, 6" x 8.5", tapped 1/4-20 holes 1.25" OC and 0.2505" reamed holes, also 1.25" OC, offset from the other holes. The large roll is 2.725" in diameter. I also added an additional adjustment roll. It is movable in 1.25" increments.
I like that idea. And that is a really nice jack. I like the fine adjustment and the V to fit the shaft. I may have to build one now.

great idea and great execution & thanks for the closeup photos!

Here is my take on the tilt table. When I saw it I knew it was a great idea, but it took up too much real estate on the mill. I thought that the T-slots would make a better location, so I made one 6”x 7” x ½” that could work either from the T-slot or the vise. I am using a machinist jack as a support , but still working a way to secure the distal end.

Randy

Table1.jpg Table2.jpg Table3.jpg

Don't you just love it when a great idea just keeps evolving! Keep 'em comming guys!

Chuck

Back