Smallest android devise for use with T-DRO?

RaisedByWolves

Mangler of grammar, off my meds.
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have a small lathe and mill to outfit LINK and being in close proximity to the readout Im not wanting a large devise for several reasons.

Given that, do I need to use a small tablet or will a cell phone work?

Would there be any issues with using something as small as a large cell phone?

Getting ready to pull the trigger on this and any input would be great.

I have a small lathe and mill to outfit LINK and being in close proximity to the readout Im not wanting a large devise for several reasons.

I often use my Galaxy S10+. I have Touch DRO installed on both my tablets as well.
A cell phone works fine.

A cell phone will work, but I don't test on (or recommend) anything smaller than 7". IMHO using a cell phone defeats most of the purpose of TouchDRO. But people do this a lot, according to Google Play Store analytics.
Regards
Yuriy

I've used a small Samsung Galaxy tablet as a music player since 2016. It was pretty cheap and has worked great for that use. Easily fits into a cargo pocket or coat pocket.

It is pretty similar to the current Samsung Galaxy A7 Lite which you can get for around $100.

This little tablet is only about 1" longer and wider than my phone, so probably meets your "not too big" need, and as an 8.7" tablet also fits Yuri's not smaller than 7" size recommendation.

I run a Samsung Tab A7, with an 8" screen for T-DRO on my Mini-Mill, and am very happy with it. I don't think I'd go smaller than 8", and if I had a larger mill (= larger table & travel and larger workspace), I'd go for 10+".

I've used a small Samsung Galaxy tablet as a music player since 2016. It was pretty cheap and has worked great for that use. Easily fits into a cargo pocket or coat pocket.

It is pretty similar to the current Samsung Galaxy A7 Lite which you can get for around $100.

This little tablet is only about 1" longer and wider than my phone, so probably meets your "not too big" need, and as an 8.7" tablet also fits Yuri's not smaller than
Latest Samsung tablets are problematic due to a driver bug. Stay away from them. Older ones are great, as long as you don't have the OS upgraded to Android 12 or later.

Latest Samsung tablets are problematic due to a driver bug. Stay away from them. Older ones are great, as long as you don't have the OS upgraded to Android 12 or later.
Yuriy, when are you going to port over to iOS? And don’t forget, I owe you a couple of Lagers.

iOS isn't going to happen :(. Apple locked down Blutooth, so I can use generic profiles. Getting approval for custom drivers wills be astronomically expensive. Plus redo of several years worth of code. I might have a Windoes app at some point, but that's is a different can of worms.

Regards
Yuriy

I pretty much knew that when I asked: just wanted to get your blood pressure up

Back