So we have a new year coming soon . Whatcha got planned ?

5- Retirement eligible on tax day 4/15/21 . 62 and not sure what I want to do . Always thought I would get the heck out of dodge the minute I could but now that it's almost here , I'm not sure about it anymore . I do have lots of oppurtunities on the spit , but just don't know . :dunno: I don't dislike my job or the $$$$ , just the shift , and that may change with the new HMFIC .

If you like the job and the $, but you can afford to either retire or cut your hours, I would talk to your new boss and tell him you're thinking of retiring. Tell him you like your job except for the hours. If he can't fix the hours, retire. Beware, managements standard answer is to try and fix your salary to the point where you tollerate the hours, not the other way round. As a young man, the extra $$ could manke up for the unpleasant hours, but now, being home with family is more important to me. I'm a bit younger than you, but I'm starting to realize life is getting shorter, and I don't have to do the stuff I don't enjoy.

As for me,
Personal projects
1) finish perimeter fencing for sheep
2) welcome the new lambs in spring (and all the chores that go with it)
3) Get the shop started in April, hopefully done in May. (seems optimistic based on the shop threads here, but that's what the builder says and "hope springs eturnal...")
4) Finally buy a lathe and Mill (maybe I shoud list picking exactly which one before this...)
5) Start learning how to use them... :D

Work
1) welcome the new guy in February
2) Take some leave to go see my parents as soon as he is settled and I can get my family vaccinated.

If you like the job and the $, but you can afford to either retire or cut your hours, I would talk to your new boss and tell him you're thinking of retiring. Tell him you like your job except for the hours. If he can't fix the hours, retire. Beware, managements standard answer is to try and fix your salary to the point where you tollerate the hours, not the other way round. As a young man, the extra $$ could manke up for the unpleasant hours, but now, being home with family is more important to me. I'm a bit younger than you, but I'm starting to realize life is getting shorter, and I don't have to do the stuff I don't enjoy.

As for me,
Personal projects
1) finish perimeter fencing for sheep
2) welcome the new lambs in spring (and all the chores that go with it)
3) Get the shop started in April, hopefully done in May. (seems optimistic based on the shop threads here, but that's what the builder says and "hope springs eturnal...")
4) Finally buy a lathe and Mill (maybe I shoud list picking exactly which one before this...)
5) Start learning how to use them... :D

Work
1) welcome the new guy in February
2) Take some leave to go see my parents as soon as he is settled and I can get my family vaccinated.
my friends had lambs they are so cute and fluffy but they grow big quick!

I am spending tons of time fishing. Got a limit of Mangroves yesterday. Three days in a row last week, limited out on nice big yellow tails. of course, i will not mention the skunked days.

just got going on my 2022 winter build - a Marlin Potato Digger. Right now i am using Fusion 360 to design a semi auto version. I have not seen a semi build on this weapon.

1. Finish welding up an extended bench for the milling machine which arrived two months ago (I was out of town for about a month after it arrived, and it kind of broke my stride on progress).
2. Strip all of the "other stuff" out of my work area, so the pieces of equipment can be placed in a more ideal location. Right now, only my lathe is in it's final location.
3. Install a bargain DRO on the Mill. Like most of these kits, it is up to the installer to make custom brackets to mount the darn thing.
4-3000. Explain and justify to SWMBO why I need "just a few more tools to round out the shop". (for the Curious: She Who Must Be Obeyed).
3001. Make some chips.

my friends had lambs they are so cute and fluffy but they grow big quick!
They are and do indeed. Have two boys from last years crop, one of whom will make a nice easter dinner. The other I'd like to sell, because the love of my life is too attached to him.

They are and do indeed. Have two boys from last years crop, one of whom will make a nice easter dinner. The other I'd like to sell, because the love of my life is too attached to him.
my friends had some for dinner and sold the rest this summer because they are noisy when they are right by your house and the one would make noise all day long and was really annoying the one was really mean some me and my friends corned it it was a big sheep and my brother peyton went up behind it hopped on and rode a sheep into a sunset then that sheep was really nice.

Hopefully get some use out of these
Only had the camper out once this year and only drove the F once this year.
Also, only made one tractor show all year

Attachments

• DSCN2613.JPG
    DSCN2613.JPG
    7.2 MB · Views: 5
  • DSC00429.jpg
    DSC00429.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 5
I am spending tons of time fishing. Got a limit of Mangroves yesterday. Three days in a row last week, limited out on nice big yellow tails. of course, i will not mention the skunked days.

just got going on my 2022 winter build - a Marlin Potato Digger. Right now i am using Fusion 360 to design a semi auto version. I have not seen a semi build on this weapon.

They did not have limits on Mangroves when I was fishing for them......

I don't know where the quote came from. I just remember it..
.. "The Lord does not subtract from a man's life - those hours spent in fishing" :)

Back