So ...............who has off tomorrow ?

OK, I lied.

I now do NOT have Fridays off.

Mandatory overtime starts Friday and lasts indefinitely. We just had 5000 hours of work added to our 2000 hour backlog.

Uncle Sam is going to be very happy with me with all he takes out of my check.

OK, I lied.

I now do NOT have Fridays off.

Mandatory overtime starts Friday and lasts indefinitely. We just had 5000 hours of work added to our 2000 hour backlog.

Uncle Sam is going to be very happy with me with all he takes out of my check.

I feel for you. Reminds me of my career at Eaton OT all the time for one or another emergency. The good thing is my retirement and SS checks are better because of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand the need for overtime here. If we can't deliver our products then customers will go elsewhere. And trying to get a customer back after that it pretty much impossible.

We only run one shift here and could easily run two. But that would mean one of us day shift guys going to nights to run the shift. None of us wants to do that. And the other thing is finding someone to hire for the shift.

We tried for a very long time to find another programmer and after a year hired a guy.
Not very experienced but at least he showed up to work the last two weeks.
We have hired guys and they show up and we send them for a drug test and they don't come back. We had a QA guy awhile back, he shows up high and failed the test. He had a wife and kid. Don't know what he was thinking. The test results go to the FAA and I doubt he will ever work in an aviation job now.

Anyway tomorrow is my first day of OT. I will miss my 3 day weekends.

Nightshift here for me as well . Don't mind the nightshift but hate the 12 hr shifts . 7-7 . I would work 7 nights a week as before if I could start at 10.30 and work till 10.30 .

I've tried to get them to go to 12 hour shifts since I drive over 100 miles per day, but no one else wants to.

Back