So, you think you know what your doing

Aukai

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
Too may thing going through my mind learning the new mill. The first time I was in low range it was a drill bit NBD, caught it. 2nd time was today with my face mill, and didn't catch it. I have to rotate all of the bits on the 3" to a new face now, GRRRRR, dummy :rolleyes:

That's what inserts are for .......................................to dull or break THEM and NOT damage the cutter . :grin:

The RCI report states ....avoidable incident..... :)

Chipped a few endmills that ejected too quickly. These days I have a small box filled with cloth on the bottom, when using the power drawbar I place the box underneath as a catch basin. When using R8 collets I always wrap the endmills/facemills with a cloth for fear of tearing up my fingers when using the power drawbar.

I get the gist of this I think. But what's NBD and RCI stand for?

No big deal and retaliation complaint investigation...I think. But if so, then I didn't get the gist. Not that it matters. Nobody was talking to me in the first place. Ha!

Root cause investigation....

Root cause investigation....
Follow up with the " 5 why " investigation . Then form a focus group and get yourself a facilitator .................................you'll soon forget what the issue was in the first place . ;)

Edit . A steering commititee and group leader may need to be called in also . o_O

Back