Some Days Just Don't Go Well....

If you were running the cut off with the crossfeed power engaged your cut off blade probably stopped it all. It hung up in the cut. I never cut off with the power feed. If my blade gets stuck I just back out a little and proceed again.

"Billy G"
I think if it was hung up it would've slipped in the holder, and everything was cutting fine until the spindle came to a gradual stop. I've parted many times with the power crossfeed with no issues, as I find a consistent cut the most crucial thing when parting.

If it was slowing the spindle the blade was binding. But that's my opinion, may not be what went wrong. The problem with power cut off is you are not in control, the machine is. So you keep searching, you will come up with it.

"Bill"

I like to part with the tool upside down and the lathe running in reverse. (Just like parting from the back, but I dont have to rig up a holder.) Anyway, It dosent seem to grab that way, It just pushes off. I was on vacation last week, but the week b4 I lost a .081 thread wire. Searched everywhere for it. Even cleaned out the coolant tank. Blew out from under the lathe with a high pressure air hose. No sign of it. One of my coworkers sent me a text wednesday b4 thanksgiving, saying he found it in a box of kim-towels. He politely thanked me for the extensive cleanup of the shop, lol. I had another set of wires, but I hate to lose a tool.

Back