Some new (to me) NMTB 40 tooling and a bit of a poser...

ScrapMetal

Active User
Registered
I've recently bought some NMTB 40 tools for my mill...

nmtb01.JPG

nmtb02.JPG

One of these things doesn't belong together though. Turns out the Jacobs arbor on the far left is metric, still nmtb 40 but with a metric arbor of 32mm. Now that I have it, what to do with it? I suppose if I could find a facing head or shell mills for it I could still use it for certain things but I haven't been real successful in finding anything for it.

nmtbmetric.JPG

Open to comments.

Thanks,

-Ron

You could press a sleeve on it for a larger standard size, or make a large fly cutter, or maybe adapt it for an ER collet setup.:thinking:

I'm not too sure about the ER collets but making a sleeve to the next size up "standard" size holds plenty of merit. I might end up introducing too much "slop" with a sleeve to do anything precise with it though. :thinking: Might have to give that a try...

Thanks much,

-Ron

If you were closer we could put it in the grinder, take .01" off it and you would have a 1 1/4" face mill holder.

If you were closer we could put it in the grinder, take .01" off it and you would have a 1 1/4" face mill holder.

That had crossed my mind as well but I finally did come across a face cutter with a 32mm hole in it. I over paid for it (guess that balances out the deal I got on the arbor. :rolleyes:) and it looks a bit rough but at least I'll be able to put it to use.

Thanks,

-Ron

Back