Some shop projects...

slowtwitch

Registered
Registered
I've made a New Year's resolution....stop being a slob...get organized ....yea right...lol. But, I'm going to try. One of the first things I did was make a new tool holder for my milling stuff.

I was compelled into doing this when I bought a set of 10 ER16 holders on ebay ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Bulk-10...6?pt=BI_Tool_Work_Holding&hash=item3a70608c8c ) and didn't have room for them on my tool box. It's made of maple, two coats of gray paint and 5 coats of polyurethane( the stuff that is used on floors).

PB090011.jpg

I've also been dabbling into the dark secrets of servo drives, micro controllers and such and needed a good working electronics bench to work on...Here's my new bench...It's 16 feet long, 30 inches deep, with a 5 foot "L" extension (for my small powder coating system).

PC040001.jpg

The areas under the bench, with the stringers, are going to have drawer units that kinda slide in :)

Some of the test gear....

PC040004.jpg

I am just about finished building a small spray booth for my powder coating needs. I'll post some pics when it's complete..

more to come.....

PB090011.jpg

PC040001.jpg

PC040004.jpg

Very nice. I keep my tooling in a drawer, but really should look into something like this, I like the ease of reach (and the extra space in the drawers it will free up).

Pete,

Nice looking tool rack and work benches.

Benny
The Orphanage Never Closes

Nice looking work area! I need to build something similar for my lathe tooling (collets etc).

What's the equipment to the left of your toolbox? High tech x-box? (is that an x-box remote hanging there?) :p

Nice looking work area! I need to build something similar for my lathe tooling (collets etc).

What's the equipment to the left of your toolbox? High tech x-box? (is that an x-box remote hanging there?) :p

The 360 X box controller controls my mill. My mill is under Mach3 control and there is a plugin for the xbox 360. I have a standard mpg for the mill, but, found the xbox controller to fit my needs more :)

Very nice. I keep my tooling in a drawer, but really should look into something like this, I like the ease of reach (and the extra space in the drawers it will free up).

I thought about building something with drawers, but, found this was more convenient. As you have stated, the ease of reach. Btw, the Milwaukee, furthest to the left, is a 3/8" impact gun....my version of an ATC :)

I know the home depot has peg board pretty cheap and harbor freight has all the hooks and such ridiculously cheap. That's the rout I think I'm going to take when I get back to my shop. I don't like putting things in drawers either.

Back