some toolholders

rafe

Active User
Registered
some toolholders and a drawbar I have made in the last few weeks or so. 2mt threaded for drawbar on left side...the rest are straight shaft. I'm new to this but I am pleased with the results...Draw bar has collet that I purchased on it....

mill holder.jpg mill holder2.jpg

Nice job! Are you sure you wasn't a Machinist in some other Life because they look professional to me.

Paul

Those look pretty good. What kind of lathe are you using, how hard was it to get the taper right?

Those look pretty good. What kind of lathe are you using, how hard was it to get the taper right?

Hey Joe, I have a craftsman 618(atlas101) as a lathe another older 618 set up with a milling attachment. What I did was (and I doubt it is proper procedure)suspend a 2mt center between the headstock and tail-stop and adjust the cutters angle to follow that. I drilled and tapped it for a draw-bar and it works well on the mill. Next is a carriage stop which will hold a dial indicator or a rod....Need to mount a 4jaw chuck too,after that I will need a way to make gears and I saw an great idea ...lol On the draw bar I kind of cheated with the threaded ends the bar is hollow but thick walled and I milled down bolts with the threads I needed press fit them in and ran a pin through and peened it over....works great

Nice looking work rafe
For a newbie, your doing some very impressive work.

Back