Someone might find this usefull

I have never used Freecad, but it is interesting how much it looks like Fusion-360.

If you had done the fillet to the one hole in the edge before the "polar pattern" step, would they all have been automatically filleted?

Thanks,
-brino

Well in my experience looks like applying fillet feature before polar pattern seems like it is too much for processing, so sometimes crashes the program, or needs much more time to do it. So i went for a sure thing. Maybe few mouse clicks more but more sure end result.

Thanks for the reply!

EDIT:
I may be on the hunt for a new CAD program.
Sure Fusion-360 is free for home use, but their constant changing and updating of the application is annoying.
I still have not recovered from the GUI changes they did many months ago.
It even made many of Lars Christensen's youtube training videos obsolete.
I only get a few hours a week to play with this, and I don't have time to wait for updates and re-learn where stuff was moved to.

With FreeCAD I should be able to install it, learn it and then never update until I need some new, shiny feature......right?

-brino

Last edited:
No problem. I find freecad very usefull, although it looks intimidating on first. Seems very good for starters, and hobby machinist like me....
I will be posting more this simple few minute videos as i learn it, because i think it is good for us hobby machinists...

This thread gives me inspiration for buying a 3D printer. My fishing boat has five rod holders that use socket head cap screws fitted with press-on knobs from McMaster-Carr. They tend to break rather easily when they bump into an immovable object. A solid knob would be more robust. Thanks for the nudge.

Back